Have you thought about how to get started with using pure essential oils? Are you unsure about which oils to try? You have quite a selection ahead of you, but let us break it down for you. You can start with one bottle, or dig into an amazing essential oil starter kit.
What Are Pure Essential Oils?
Pure essential oils are therapeutic grade concentrated liquids extracted from plants. Of a watery consistency, pure essential oils have the aromatic essence of the plant compounds. Therefore, the fragrance is characteristic of the original plant and will provide similar healing attributes. This makes them useful as remedies within your holistic health routine.
Due to their high potency, you must combine them diffuse them in water or air. For topical use, you’ll want to combine them with a carrier oil at the recommended ratios. The preference is to use this natural, higher potency liquid over using other produced fragrances that have artificial chemicals. Even when you dilute them properly, the scents are very strong and pleasing.
How Do They Work?
Pure essential oils are intended to cause comforting effects physically, mentally and emotionally. When combined with a carrier oil or lotion they enter your body through the skin. They will enhance mood and provide mental clarity and calmness if inhaled or diffused into the air. The effects are more gradual and subtle when using the correct doses.
Pure essential oils are used for inflammation and pain relief. Other uses include muscle relaxation, stress reduction, fatigue remedy, sleep enhancement, and nausea relief. Some oils are antibacterial or antimicrobial to kill germs. Have you used essential oils for any of these reasons?
How Do You Use Them?
Blended with your carrier oil or lotion, you can then massage them on any your body. Common spots to rub them are on your wrists and feet, temples and back of the neck. There’s less barrier on the bottom of your feet, so the absorption is best there. You massage any part of your skin if you find the aroma desirable and the sensation pleasant.
Standard recommended dosage is that for one teaspoon of carrier oil or lotion you add one drop of essential oil. You can also blend multiple essential oils for a combined effect, just increase the lotion or carrier oil accordingly to the number of drops you choose. Try experimenting on yourself with massage therapy or by applying them to compresses or adding them to a warm bath.
Are They Safe?
The practice of using pure essential oils has been around for a very long time. They are safe to use on our bodies. Due to their high concentration, you must dilute them to remain safe. It’s recommended that you not ingest them or have them contact your eyes. These recommendations and warnings are usually specified from the brand you're purchasing.
If you’re already receiving other treatments or taking any medications, ask your doctor or therapist about your usage. They’re not regulated by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) so inquire about them. When first introduced to a new oil, use them cautiously. Pay attention to see if there’s any adverse reaction within 48 hours, if not, then the oil is safe to use.
Where Can You Buy Them?
Due to the rising popularity of pure essential oils, they are easily accessible online. We've provided links to where you can purchase on Amazon.com for each of the brands of oils. See which of the selections appeal to you most.
How We Reviewed
Research supports the health benefits of certain essential oils. Using essential oils as a remedy has proven repeatedly to provide relief to users. You want to have immediate options available to you when you tend to your health concerns. We've gone through the most reputable brands on the market, and we share some of their top offerings here for you.
Overall Price Range of These Products (and Similar Products)
The price range for pure essential oils is from $$ to $$. On the lower end of the price range, you'll get 3 to 6 bottles which will be of lower potency, while still therapeutic. On the higher end of the price range, you'll get a higher grade therapeutic quality, with as many as 8 to 14 bottles.
What We Reviewed
- PERFECT GIFT SET: Help your friends and family discover the endless wellness benefits of pure essential oils. Each...
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE ESSENTIAL OILS: A collection of our finest oils. This set includes 8-10mL bottles of tea...
- HIGHLY VERSATILE: When used with an aroma diffuser, our 100% Pure essential oils will fill the environment in any room...
Radha Beauty has put together an attractive selection for you to begin your essential oil journey. This collection is perfect for massage therapists and spa owners. This starter kit includes 10ml bottles of lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemongrass, orange, peppermint, frankincense, and rosemary.
- Frankincense, Tea Tree, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Sore Muscle blend (PanAway type), Breathe blend (RC type) &...
- (8) 100% pure therapeutic grade oils (5 singles & 3 blends). GC/MS Certified Tested. Each vial hold appox 40 drops.
- What would it cost to make your own key chain kit? $58.37 + 2 hours of your time + specialized tools!!!
Young Living is a highly recognizable brand of pure essential oils. This stylish key chain kit comes with five 2ml bottles including frankincense, orange, lemon, lavender, peppermint. It also includes three 2ml bottles of pure essential oil blends: the Sore Muscle blend (Pan Away type), the Breathe blend (RC type) and the Immunity blend (Thieves type).
- PERFECT SET: Our Aroma2Go Essential Oils come in various sets of aromas that you are sure to love. We have our Citrus...
- THERAPEUTIC GRADE OILS: 100% Pure, Chemical Free, Plant Based Oil that is carefully extracted to give your body all the...
- BENEFICIAL: We are confident that our essential oils will help you relax, relieve your stress, keep you in a cool and...
Aroma2go Essential Oil kit includes six 10ml bottles. The included scents are tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus, lemongrass, peppermint, and sweet orange.
- Pure Jolly offers a 100 DAY NO HASSLE 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - you don't even need to return the item!
- Aromatherapy essential oils set contains 10ml each of the following: Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Peppermint,...
- 100% pure essential oils, no additives or fillers, just pure essential oil
Pure Jolly Premium Aromatherapy kit includes six 10ml bottles. The included scents are orange, tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and peppermint.
- 5 ml bottle of dOTERRA's Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oils
- The stunning presentation box also includes suggested uses of the included oils providing your prospects with an...
- The cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties of Lemon make it one of the most versatile oils, not to mention...
dOTERRA's Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade introductory kit consists of three 5ml bottles of lavender, lemon, and peppermint. It's a smaller kit put the high potency of these three oils allow beginners to sense the effects of pure essential oils.
- OUR MOST POPULAR ESSENTIAL OIL SET: 7 & 7 includes seven of our top single oils and seven of our powerful synergy...
- EASY, AFFORDABLE WAY TO FIND YOUR FAVORITE: Here's what's included: Lavender, Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, Lemon,...
- BATCH SPECIFIC GC-MS REPORTS ON EVERY OIL: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of...
Plant Therapy offers this compact set of seven single pure essential oils and seven blends. The singles are lavender, tea tree, sweet orange, peppermint, lemon, cinnamon, and eucalyptus. The synergy blends are Germ Fighter, Immune-Aid, Tranquil, Invigor-Aid, Sensual, Relax and Energy.
- The Pursonic 6-Pack collection includes 10ml Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon grass, Orange, Peppermint, Tea tree.
- 100% Pure Therapeutic Essential Oils - no fillers, additives, bases or carriers added.
- Uses: Aromatherapy, Custom Massage and Body Oils, Vaporizer, Diffusion, Oil Burner, Inhalation, Compress, Perfume,...
The Pursonic 6-Pack collection includes 10ml bottles of eucalyptus, lavender, lemon grass, orange, peppermint, and tea tree.
- 100% Pure Therapeutic Essential Oils. No fillers, NO Additives, or Carriers Added. A Handpicked selection from different...
- A must have for any Room, Home & Kitchen, Also highly recommended for professional environments such as. Doctor’s...
- Set of 6 Therapeutic Oils include some of the Most Popular and in demand Essential Oils. This incredible Gift Set...
Pure Aroma has a six 10ml bottle collection that includes eucalyptus, lavender, lemon grass, orange, peppermint, tea tree.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Good Sleep Blend on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed,...
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Good Sleep Blend for the first time and you do not switch to it...
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified. Make sure ALL...
Healing Solutions offers the Good Sleep Essential Oil blend for you. It's composed of clary sage, copaiba, and lavender. The oils are produced using quality plants and flora to ensure that it will have the highest therapeutic content possible. If you rub some on the bottoms of your feet or behind your ears before bed, it will help you fall asleep more easily.
- Dive into the vast and rewarding world of essential oils with the Best of the Best set. This beginner-friendly set...
- The Best of the Best set provides a rock-solid foundation to build aromatherapy knowledge. The single oils included in...
- Women-owned and family-operated since 2009, we personally source each essential oil and raw ingredient to ensure...
Edens Garden Beginner's Best of the Best gift set offers a wide selection. It includes twelve 10ml bottles of cinnamon leaf, eucalyptus, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, lime, patchouli, peppermint, rosemary, spearmint, sweet orange, and tea tree.
These brands each offer 100% pure essential oils that have no additives or fillers. All choices are great for aromatherapy, massage, body oils, vaporizers, diffusers, and oil burners. You can use them singularly or to make blends for the home or the spa. Across the board, they will each make good use.
It will come down to your preference based on the nuances of the scents for each brand's pure essential oils. Your best bets for higher potency oils are DoTerra, Young Living, and Edens Garden. If you're looking for the most affordable options, try Pursonic or Pure Aroma. If you want to go all in with the biggest set of 14 oils, then Plant Therapy's Essential Oil kit is the way to go.